Are you up for the Experience?
That’s the nuts and bolts of the program. The excitement is in the experiential learning opportunities. Each Culver-Stockton academic division designs an honors seminar for the program that includes an experiential event. These have included:
- "What Is Art?" and a trip to Kansas City, Mo., for a visit to the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, followed by a contemporary chamber orchestra concert (where musicians played the world premier of a composition); and a working introduction to interpretive dance.
- "Cosmology," which included a visit to the Planetarium in Chicago.
- A science seminar, which also traveled to Chicago to visit an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History that represented the entire biological history of planet earth.
- And many more exciting seminars are still to come…
Students successfully completing the Culver-Stockton College Honors Scholars Program shall demonstrate:
- Advanced scholarly achievements
- Exceptional leadership
- The ability to make ethical decisions in light of continued self-examination of philosophical truths and life experiences.
As a college Honors Scholar graduate you will receive a medallion to mark your achievement during commencement.