4-Year Graduation Guarantee
4-Year Graduation Guarantee
One advantage at Culver-Stockton is the 4-Year Graduation Guarantee. The 4-Year Graduation Guarantee ensures that C-SC students can take full advantage of the unique experiences provided in our educational program, while earning their degrees in a timely manner.
Culver-Stockton is able to offer this program to students for the following reasons:
- Courses are offered strategically to allow for timely degree completion.
- C-SC offers excellent advising with personal one-on-one attention. The student to advisor ratio is 12 to 1. The advising program is constantly being reevaluated to keep up with the dynamic needs of our students.
- Full range of academic support services is offered to assist students in meeting their goals.
- Electronic degree audits to track progress toward degree completion.
- The five-year average shows that over 90 percent of C-SC students currently graduate within four years.
In the event that a student has met all eligibility requirements and is unable to complete the degree in four years or less, the College will not charge the student any tuition applicable to credits earned after the fourth year that are required to complete the degree
program. This guarantee applies to tuition only.
- Student must be a first-time freshman. (Dual credit courses and AP course are accepted.)
- Student must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment over eight consecutive semesters.
- Student must declare the major with which they will graduate by the end of the second 12-week session of the freshman year (those declaring a majoring in athletic training or any other major with education certification must declare their major starting the beginning of their first semester).
- Student must meet with academic advisors prior to registering each semester. Student must follow the advice of advisor.
- Student must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per academic year.
- Student must maintain the necessary GPA requirement for their major and must remain in good academic standing.
- Student must meet with Registrar for a formal degree audit during the first semester of the junior year as well as the semester prior to graduation.
The following students are ineligible for the 4-Year Graduation Guarantee:
- Part-time students
- Students who are double-majoring or with minors requiring coursework beyond eight semesters
- Transfer students
- Students whose graduations are delayed for failure to make full payment of fees
- Students whose graduations are delayed by externally mandated changes in requirements
- Nursing majors
- Connected Campus students
- Students majoring in biology with unified science education
For students to qualify, they must complete the 4-Year Graduation Agreement by the time set forth for their majors and have the proper signatures on it. Signatures needed include: Major advisor, registrar and vice president for academic affairs.