Student Life Staff
Student Life staff members are a diverse group of dedicated professionals committed to the Student Life Philosophy, and focused on supporting students' academic endeavors as well as on optimizing student development outside the classroom. With that commitment and focus, staff members find ways to relate to both the student's academic and general campus life, striving to nurture student development in the broadest sense. Led by the dean of student development, Student Life staff members meet weekly and works together in addressing the areas of academic support, retention and special student needs, residence life, Greek life, student activities and organizations, student conduct, counseling services, spiritual life, intramurals, campus safety and security, and dining services. Student Life professionals are dedicated to the following principles in their day-to-day interactions with students:
- Students are our first priority--we listen to them, seek their input, and treat them with respect.
- Team work is critical to success.
- Quality is a priority in everything we do.
- Our work is goal-oriented.
- Our work is principled.
- Good communication is essential.
- Institutional pride is evident in our conversations and actions.
- We expect the best from students, speak positively about them, and encourage their growth.
- Appropriate confidentiality is maintained when discussing individual students.
- We strive to model appropriate behavior for students.