Homecoming 2013 Order of the Founders Circle Inductees
Olga Bays, registrar emeritus, dedicated 34 years of service to Culver-Stockton, applying her talents in multiple roles within the institution. Bays was a professor, administrator, counselor and mentor. Nicknamed “The Colonel,” Bays directed the “Bootstrappers” Program, which helped dozens of military personal graduate from C-SC.
Dr. Robert W. Brown was president of the College from 1978 to 1989, and chancellor from 1989-1992. During his presidency, enrollment reached 1032 students, the largest student body to date. Dr. Brown brought the College from a deficit to a surplus, increased student scholarships, found a way to fund faculty development and dramatically increased the endowment.
Joseph T. Charles ’60. After graduating from C-SC, Joseph Charles has spent 37 year on the Culver-Stockton board of trustees. Not only did Joe donate a generous naming gift toward the construction of the Joe Charles Field House, he also contributed by serving as construction manager for the project. In addition, he was nationally recognized with a service award by his fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha, in 2012.
Dr. Fred Helsabeck was president of the College from 1956 to 1973. Under his leadership, enrollment nearly tripled. Buildings built during Dr. Helsabeck’s presidency include Shannon, McDonald and Stone Residence Halls, the Alexander Campbell Auditorium and the Gladys Crown Center. Dr. Helsabeck also created the Order of the Founders Award.