If you have a passion for people and ideas and want to understand how the past shapes the present, you belong in Culver-Stockton’s history program. Through experiential learning in and out of the classroom, we combine a commitment to teaching with the belief that learning best takes place through hands-on experience.
History Degrees Offered
- B.A. in History
- B.A. in History Education
Experiential Learning in the History Department
The Department of History provides hands-on engagement with the past in three primary ways:
- Undergraduate research, including work in professional archives
- Simulations of actual events in competitive role-playing activities
- Rigorous travel study to historic sites both domestically and overseas.
Through our hands-on approach to studying the past, you will:
- Experience the Civil War by re-enacting its battles
- Understand European honor codes through instruction in the art of fencing
- Experience the First World War by working in the WWI Museum in Kansas City
- Grasp ancient history while exploring archaeological sites in Turkey
- Re-live the birth of the Modern Age through role-playing the French Revolution
- Live environmental history by exploring Mayan ruins, jungle rainforests
What Can I Do With a Degree in History?
- Public and Higher education
- Law and Graduate school
- Public/Government service
- Library science
- Museum studies
- Any career that values research, writing, and critical thinking skills
For details about requirements for the major and course offerings, see the current C-SC academic catalog. Students also may take history as a minor.