The C-SC Humanities encourages students to combine their major with a minor in another discipline. The division offers 5 minors for students to enhance their knowledge. Each minor requires 18 hours of coursework. They include:
- English – Coursework includes British or American literature, history of the English language, and grammar plus nine hours of English electives.
- English - Creative Writing – Coursework includes an introduction of creative writing, fiction and poetry workshops, playwriting, history of the English language or grammar, and a literary magazine practicum.
- History – Coursework includes the historian's craft, U.S. history, modern world history and nine hours of history electives.
- International Studies – This minor is an interdisciplinary approach to issues being confronted by the global community. Coursework includes comparative politics and international relations, and six hours of any single foreign language plus nine hours of electives selected from global business, international corporate finance, world roots of British literature, human geography, minority people and race relations, and a variety of history, political science and religion courses.
- Religion and Philosophy – Coursework includes 12 hours of religion courses and six hours of philosophy courses, with no more than 3 hours in internships.
For a complete listing of the course offerings and requirements for any of the minors offered by the C-SC Division of Humanities, please see the current academic catalog.