Institutional Priorities for Culver-Stockton College
Like most small, residential liberal arts colleges, Culver-Stockton College must be highly attentive to the need to recruit capable students and to raise the funds required to continue providing a high quality academic program for them. The highest priority will need to be directed toward these goals. It is well recognized that attracting students and dollars is closely correlated with creating an atmosphere of collegiality in which all the constituencies of the College participate and are embraced. Therefore, it will be critically important that the president be able to provide leadership based on integrity and commitment to the College and all its people. Visionary leadership that reflects the history of this fine institution and focuses on developing its future is needed.
Attention will need to be directed to ensuring the successful implementation of the new and distinctive curriculum – EXP@CSC. In addition, the College has completed a comprehensive and compelling Campus Master Plan that it looks forward to implementing with the leadership of its new President. Thorough, well-conceived long range/strategic plans are also in place. These documents will permit the new president, with strong trustee, faculty staff, student and alumni support, to move forward promptly and aggressively to implement programs that will enhance Culver Stockton College, building on its distinguished 156-year history and dramatically enhancing its future. As it moves forward to implement its plans, it will be important for the College to maintain its inviting and supportive environment and to ensure that its co- and extra-curricular offerings continue to present a compellingly attractive opportunity for young men and women.
To summarize, the priorities include:
- Enhancing the College's success in attracting financial support from willing donors and an effective enrollment plan that leads to modest but significant enrollment growth
- Creating an atmosphere that is compellingly attractive to students
- Supporting the faculty and staff in their continuing efforts to provide an excellent academic experience for their students
- Being a respected, visionary leader who earns the respect of all the College's constituents
- Being a person of high integrity in all areas including personal relationships, managerial oversight, and academic leadership
- Developing a positive working relationship with the Board of Trustees