Student career fair Tuesday, March 1
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
CANTON, Mo. - Culver-Stockton students will have the opportunity to meet perspective employers as C-SC hosts a career fair Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
Representatives from a number of area businesses and industries will be on hand, including Quincy Medical Group, the Quincy Police Department, Illinois Legislative Internship Program, Sycamore Health Centre, YMCA, Kids in Motion, Swank Motion Pictures, DOT Foods and Staradio, among others. The career fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Meaders Lounge inside the Gladys Crown Center. Students are encouraged to dress professionally and bring copies of their resume and other portfolio information.
Students are also encouraged to attend career fair preparation sessions and events beginning Monday, Feb. 21. These include:
Tuesday, Feb. 22 - Job Prep Day and Let the Games Begin, Part 1!
• Practice Your Interview Skills - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Meaders Lounge (Dress professionally and bring your resume.)
• Canton/Culver Race #1 (Pairs)- 5 p.m., Meaders Lounge – Free T-Shirt and prizes.
Wednesday, Feb. 23 - Let the Games Begin, Part 2!
• Race #2 (Singles) - 5 p.m., Meaders Lounge – Free T-shirt and prizes.
Thursday, Feb. 24 - Catch your breath day!
Friday, Feb 25 - Party Like You’re Employed!
• Food and fun for racers, friends and job seekers!
• Party in the Dance Studio from 7-9 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 28 - Prepare for the Big Day!
• Get copies of your resume at the Career Center 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
Sign up in Career Services, located in the Gladys Crown Center, for interviews and other
events, or call (573) 288-6536
OTHER FEATURED ARTICLES