Admission Requirements

Students sit outside on the grass between Clough Hall and Gladys Crown Student Center


Begin a college career at C-SC:

  • Meet with an admission counselor
  • Check out our academic programs and the curriculum
  • Visit the campus during one of our scheduled visit days or on a personally-tailored visit
  • Learn more about financial aid, with an online scholarship calculator and a financial aid estimator
  • Apply online

For more info, call 800-537-1883 or fill out an online inquiry card.

Once admitted, students are asked to attend a Registration Day to officially enroll at Culver-Stockton.


Minimum academic requirements:

  • A composite ACT score of 18 or a combined SAT score of 940
  • A signed parental transcript
  • Either a transcript from a high school or college where courses were taken for credit or a GED/HiSET test score
  • A portfolio of representative work


Here's the Top 10 things you need to do your junior year:

  • Talk with parents and friends about academic and career interests.
  • Research careers by talking to a guidance counselor, searching online, and talking to someone in those fields.
  • Find out what type of education is required for the field in which you are interested.
  • Make a list of what's most important to you at college: price, distance from home, public, private, size, location, activities, academic programs, athletics, etc.
  • Look for colleges and universities that meet your criteria.
  • Make sure to check out costs, financial aid and potential scholarships at each college.
  • Start taking college entrance tests., such as ACT, SAT or both. Many students take them more than once to improve their scores.
  • Meet with college representatives, they are experts about what their college can offer you.
  • By second semester, start narrowing down the list of possible colleges.
  • Visit campuses. That's the best way to get to know a college and whether it's right for you.


Things to think about:

  • What do you like to do? What career might match those interests? What do you need to study to enter that field?
  • Make yourself more "marketable." Take more challenging courses if you can, add extracurricular activities and take on some community service work.
  • Visit with your guidance counselor and ask about taking practice entrance tests (like PLAN®).
  • Start checking out colleges.
  • Research scholarships, so you can make sure that to meet the criteria.

Any student that has enrolled full-time at a college is considered a transfer student and considered for admission to C-SC with a minimum college GPA of 2.0.

College Partnerships and Credit Transfers

Tour the campus to experience what C-SC has to offer by meeting with faculty, discussing financial aid and meeting with the transfer counselor. Visits are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.


A degree audit will be competed to determine which college credits will transfer and what additional courses are needed to complete a major. To have an official degree audit completed by the Registrar and Admissions offices, students must apply and be accepted to the College.

To have an official degree audited completed by our Registrar and Admissions offices, you must apply and become accepted to the college.


Students with an associate of arts degree, have already completed the requirements for C-SC's Common Experience courses (with the possible exception of one religion course). These students can start taking courses in their chosen major immediately.


Student's with a bachelors degree who have decided to become a teacher can complete the requirements to be certified in education and pass the necessary tests.


Office of Admission

Culver-Stockton is a small, private college in Northeast Missouri with a growing number of international students every year. C-SC's curriculum is one of the most unique in the nation and our faculty and staff work with students to prepare for life after graduation, whether that's returning home or continuing their education in a U.S. graduate school.


Academic Curriculum
Admission Process

Campus Location
Moving to Campus


Do international students live with American or international students?
Included in a student’s acceptance packet is the Residence Hall Application. This form must be completed and returned for housing assignments to be made. On this form, students have the option of requesting if they want to live with an American or international student.

What activities are there for international students?
International students are eligible to participate in all extra curricular activities offered on campus. We encourage involvement with our many student organizations.

Is there a way to contact a current international student?
Yes! Contact the admission office at  We will have a current international student contact you.

Is there an ESL (English as a Second Language) program available? No, Culver-Stockton does not offer an ESL program. - See more at:

Is there an ESL (English as a Second Language) program available?
No, Culver-Stockton does not offer an ESL program.

Upon receipt of all application items, your file will be reviewed. If approved, a formal letter of acceptance and acceptance packet will be mailed to your address on file and sent by email.


  • In the acceptance packet, Forms A-E must be returned to Culver-Stockton College.
  • In order for an I-20 form to be issued by Culver-Stockton College, a $2,000 USD advance-tuition payment is required. This advance tuition payment is refundable should your education plans change prior to attending Culver-Stockton College.
  • Once prospective students receive their I-20 Form, they need to pay an I-901 fee to the Department of Homeland Security. In order to enter the United States, students must present both the College-issued I-20 and the I-901 payment receipt to the U.S. Customs agent.
  • Charges (tuition, room, board and fees) are to be paid in full by August 1 for students entering in the August term and December 31 for students entering in the January term.
  • Students transferring from another U.S. college or university, must also submit a School Transfer Notification form.
  • International students are required to purchase health insurance upon arrival to the College (or provide proof of adequate existing health insurance). This insurance must provide repatriation and evacuation. F-1 Visa holders must obtain this basic insurance.

Culver-Stockton partners with Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences (BRCN) in Quincy, Ill., to offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree that combines a liberal arts foundation with hands-on clinical experience. Students must meet BRCN standards to be accepted and begin the nursing program during sophomore year. Student's are recommended to meet with counselors from both C-SC and BRCN and visit both campuses.

First-Year Student Requirements:

  • Minimum composite ACT score of 22
  • Minimum high school GPA of 3.0

Transfer Student Requirements:

  • Cumulative college GPA of 2.7
  • Cumulative GPA of 2.7 in support courses
  • Completed all the prerequisites with a grade of "C" or better
  • Completed at least 24 hours of college credit

For more information, check out the BRCN Catalog. 


Heather Mutter
Admission Coordinator, BRCN
Phone: 217-228-5520 x6964