Admission Process

Group of students sitting on wall outside of Henderson Hall

Apply for Free Online

Transcripts/GED Scores: A copy of an official transcript or GED/HiSET score is required and may be mailed to the Admission Office, One College Hill, Canton, MO 63435.

ACT/SAT Scores: A copy is required. C-SC's code is 2290 for ACT and 6123 for SAT.

High School Course Recommendations: Applicants are recommended to complete four years of English, three years of math and social science (including history and government), two years of a foreign language and science (including one year of lab).

Letters/Essays (Optional): Applicants may be asked to submit letters of recommendation from a teacher (or school administrator), a personal essay or writing sample. Only needed on a case by case basis.

Fine Arts: Any student interested in fine arts (major or not) must schedule an on-campus audition prior to being accepted into the program. Art and design majors must present a portfolio for review.

Students seeking admission into one of the music, theatre or art and design majors must meet additional requirements. Music and theatre majors will need to schedule an on-campus audition before being accepted into the program. Students majoring in art and design must present a portfolio for review.

Nursing Students: The nursing program is offered in partnership with the Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing, and students must meet additional requirements as described in the standards of Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing.

Part-Time Students: Degree-seeking students taking less than 12 hours a semester designates a student as part-time.

Transfer Students: An official copy of a transcript is required from all prior institutions, including community/junior colleges. If attempted less than 24 hours of credit, a high school transcript and ACT/SAT score may be requested.

Re-admission: Re-admission applicants are students that have attended Culver-Stockton College in the past and wish to re-apply for admission. Students who have attended another institution since attending Culver-Stockton College, will need to send an official transcript.

If you have taken courses at another institution since attending Culver-Stockton College, you will need to send an official copy of your transcript.


Apply: Students are encouraged to apply prior to June 1 to begin in the fall (August) term. Prior to Nov. 1 to begin spring (January) term.

English Proficiency: Students are required to be proficient in English. Either with a minimum TOEFL score higher than 550 (paper-based), or 79 (internet-based) required. The school's TOEFL code is 6123. Or, a Society for Testing English Proficiency (STEP) Eiken minimum score higher than Grade 2A. For more info or to register, go to or

The English Proficiency score may be waived for English speaking applicants that have taken the ACT or SAT, currently reside in the United States for at least one semester, or have received a diploma from an American high school.

Requirements: Must have taken the ACT or SAT test with a minimum of 18 and 940 respectively. (Critical reading and math only.)

Transfer: Transcripts must be submitted from a college or university outside the United States if applicable, using World Education Services Inc. (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). A fee will be charged by the service provider.

Student-Athletes: InCred is a credential evaluation service that international student-athletes must use to help streamline NAIA athletic eligibility and credential review process. Complete your transcript evaluation at

Financial Documentation: The Confidential Statement of Finance must be downloaded, completed and returned with all required financial documents. Financial documents are usually certified statements from a bank or other financial institution that prove you or your sponsor(s) can cover all educational expenses for the first year of enrollment. Notarized letters of support from financial sponsor(s) are required if your sponsor is not one of your parents. This is waved if the student has proof of government assistance. (example: financial guarantee)

*Please note that some academic majors may have additional requirements that can be found in the Culver-Stockton academic catalog.