Students at the firepit in the Alpha Xi Delta Plaza
"Classroom of Tomorrow" in memory of David R. Predmore '63 - Click to View Photos
A business classroom in the Herrick Foundation Center received upgrades in memory of David R. Predmore '63. The room was dedicated during Homecoming 2018. The Classroom of Tomorrow provides an innovative and integrated technology classroom to conduct experiential learning activities. Students in Business Strategy, for example, work in teams to do an online simulation of operating a shoe manufacturing business. The student teams are able to connect their computers to a common TV monitor at their tables and collaborate on possible solutions. This environment allows the faculty to be more connected with students when teaching from the center of the room and when interacting with student groups.
Men's Basketball Locker Room - Click to View Photos
Through the generous donations of the Stratton Family, Hannibal Regional Hospital, Advance Physical Therapy, The Tim Fischer Family and H.B. and Tammy Turner the men’s locker room was renovated during the fall of 2018. "This is our home. I told the team at the beginning of the year that this locker room is the most important place in our program. Not only becuase of the investment that our alumni and donors have made to our program, but also because this is the space where a team comes together more than any other. We recruit men who want to improve. The men's basketball locker room is a place where they want to be, and in turn, it is a place where they want to spend time with each other as they come together to improve." –Aaron Hill, Head Men's Basketball Coach
Wood Residence Hall
Through an estate gift from Mary Eck '40, Wood Residence Hall received several updates over the summer of 2018 including new flooring, bathrooms, paint, a new kitchen and an updated lobby.
Carolyn L. and Robert W. Brown Residence Hall - Click to View Photos
Our signature addition in 2017 was the Carolyn L. and Robert W. Brown Residence Hall. The hall is a 48 person residence hall that also contains three state of the art classrooms as well as being the home of the Johnson Esports Arena. If you are unfamiliar with esports, it is the fastest growing sports market in the world and C-SC has one of the first programs in the area.
Ellison Poulton Stadium
Upgrades to Ellison Poulton Stadium include the installation of a synthetic turf surface in 2014 and the installation of stadium lights in Spring 2016. New stadium seating was added in 2017 and the track was resurfaced in 2018.
Schwan Entrance, Parkway Sidewalks, Lake Plaza and Archway - Click to View Photos
The Charlann Schwan Parkway Sidewalks and Schwan Lake Plaza were dedicated at Homecoming 2015 and feature a pergola and stone plaza with seating along the entrance. A new brick archway was dedicated at Homecoming 2017.
Library Enhancements & Upgrades
During the summer of 2018, the library staff renovated the archives, particularly the Museum Room, Trophy Room, and Rare Book Room. The Museum Room's displays, featuring uniforms, memorabilia and other artifacts that celebrate the heritage of Culver-Stockton College and Christian University, were updated for tours for students and alumni, and the room now includes a workspace for visitors as well as new carpet.
Recreation & Wellness Center - Click to View Photos
The addition of a recreation and wellness center was listed by students as the number one priority for facility growth at C-SC. The project was completed and a grand opening was held on February 20, 2016. The addition of this center has been instrumental to enrollment growth and student retention.
New endowments established on "the Hill":
- The Rat Pack Endowed Scholarship
- The Blair Family Book Grant Endowment
- The Harold J. '39 and Mildred L. '39 Schaffer Endowed Scholarship
- The Ken Logsdon '60 Lewis Co. Endowed Scholarship
- The Karen (Black) Dugas '69 Endowed Scholarship
- The Marvin "Shorty" & Shirley Hinkle Endowed Scholarship
- The Nate and Anna Zelinske "Are You Kind?" Endowed Scholarship
- Larimore Endowed Scholarship
- The Josh Houchins Endowed Scholarship
- Donald Bingaman '60 Endowed Scholarship
- The Frances Hall Annual Scholarship
- Robet L. Glass '52 Endowed Scholarship in Technology for Minority Students
- Robet L. Glass '52 Endowed Scholarship in Technology for Female Students
- Robet L. Glass '52 Professorship in Information Technology
- Joe Sniezek Endowed Scholarship
- The Clyde "Gus" Traeder Endowed Scholarship
- The Mary (Wagner) Eck Domestic Travel Endowed Fund
- Ralph '48 and Marian Hayden Endowed Scholarship
- The Tammy and H.B. Turner Family Endowed Scholarship
- The Donlad '52 and Marilyn (Herbertz) '52 Payne Endowed Scholarship
- The O.E. and Rena Moore Endowed Scholarship
- The Sallie Cunningham and Paul Deutsch Academic Scholarship
- The Jean C. (Stimson) Sperry Endowed Scholarship
- The Doris (Hobb) Briscoe '91 Endowed Scholarship for Parents
- The Sigma Phi Epsilon Endowed Scholarship
- The John M. Brodmann Endowed Scholarship
- The Blair and Arlene Stanicek Endowed Scholarship
- The Joe and Judy Cunningham Endowed Scholarhsip
- The Ross M. & Ruth G. Warden Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- The Donald R. Brinkley '60 Endowed Scholarship
- The Culver-Stockton College Faculty and Staff Endowed Scholarship
- The Stone Scholars
- The Tory L. '92 and Megan A. '91 Lucas Endowed Scholarship
- The Donald and Letitia '49 Frankenberger Endowed Scholarship
- The Russell Dancey Endowed Scholarship