Mabee Recreation & Wellness Center
The vision of the Mabee Recreation & Wellness Center Team is be a recognized leader in small college recreation and wellness programming and services.
The mission of the Mabee Recreation & Wellness Center Team is to prepare our community for a lifetime of well-being through our distinctive programming and services from a supportive recreation and wellness team.
The goals of the Mabee Recreation & Wellness Center Team are founded upon the “Five Pillars of Wellness.”
Mind: Providing a supportive environment that encourages emotional well-being.
Body: Challenging others to reach their optimal physical fitness and nutritional goals.
Spirit: Supporting the best values of faith and the human spirit.
Wisdom: Educating our community about good choices and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Community: Encouraging teamwork and building positive support networks.
Regular Operational Hours
The Mabee Recreation & Wellness Center shall generally operate seven days a week per the academic calendar. Times may vary according to recognized holidays and breaks. Our regular operational hours are:
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday: Noon – 5 p.m.
Sunday: Noon – 11 p.m.
*** Times may be subject to change based on usage and the academic calendar***
Holidays and Breaks
Special operating hours shall be posted prior to holidays or breaks. Emergencies may arise that require immediate closure of the facility.
Facility Areas, Equipment and Services
- Davis Lobby has our guest services area, including equipment check out and a variety of refreshments for lounging and conversation.
- Hendren Gymnasium offers a full multi-court sport experience. Balls and equipment can be checked out at the front desk in Davis Lobby. A variety of intramural activities area also hosted here.
- The Movement Studio offers a variety of group fitness and PED/HLT courses like Yoga, Zumba, etc.
- The Mezzanine overlooks Hendren Gymnasium for spectators, as well as cross-training area with plyo-boxes, heavy bag, and suspension trainers.
- Barry Plaza is your area to tone and burn with a plethora of cardio and muscular endurance equipment. It offers over 30 different pieces of state of the art cardio equipment, synced with television and a beautiful view over Ellison Poulton Stadium. The weight machines offer interactive QR readers and are arranged in a “push-pull” order to maximize your workout.
- Charles Strength Complex in the lower level of the facility contains a full suite of free-weight equipment, Smith machine, hip sled, functional trainer, dumbells, and portable benches.
- Pepsi HALL providing opportunities for refreshments, educational programming/classes, and special events.
MEMBER/GUEST POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Admission to the Center is based upon a valid C-SC ID or Group Fitness ID Card/Registration. Student membership is paid through a unified fee, and assessed at the beginning of each school term. Employee membership is part of their benefit package or Emeritus status. Please note that group exercise classes and special events are separate and require separate registration. That registration may be subject to a fee or deposit. Employee families/dependents are permitted to use the facility. However, all individuals must be identified on the employee’s electronic registration form.
Guests must be 17 years old to access the Wellness Center, which includes the Movement Studio, Cardio Plaza, Strength Complex, and the Hospitality & Learning Lab. Employee dependents under the age of 17 are only permitted to use the gymnasium. Friends of dependents cannot be granted access to the Center. Dependents under the age of 14 must be accompanied by the employee at all times. Day care is not provided in the Center. Children are not permitted behind the Welcome Desk, nor should Center employees be asked to watch or “keep an eye” on children. C-SC values and supports employees and families who want to model an active and healthy life-style. However, we ask that employees be mindful and respectful of the benefit to utilize the Center, and be responsible for the actions and behaviors of their dependents.
All users of the Mabee Recreation & Wellness Center must abide by the Code of Conduct for Students and Guests. These policies can be found online at http://www2culver.edu/campus-life/student-handbook/. Failure to do so can result in the user’s removal from and suspension of their membership privileges.
Thank you for:
1. Scanning your school ID.
2. Storing your jewelry and personal items away.
3. Wiping down and replacing equipment.
4. Keeping lids on your clear drinks, and food items outside.
5. Wearing tennis shoes and full fitness attire.
6. Using ear phones for personal music.
7. Sharing equipment/facilities (30 minutes).
8. Using positive language and behavior.
9. Using a spotter and safety precautions.
10. Keeping doors closed.
The MRWC can reserve certain areas for specific C-SC organizations. Organizations are welcome to reserve Pepsi HALL, Hendren Gymnasium, and the Movement Studio for special functions. Those interested in reserving a space must receive authorization from the Director of Recreation & Wellness, and make arrangements with Bill Boxdorfer, Director, Mabee Center & Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or comments for the MRWC Team, please feel free to contact Bill Boxdorfer, Director, Mabee Center & Student Engagement at email@example.com.