Teaching the Wonders of Life
Are you ready to teach students about cells, genes and scientific principles of living organisms? As a biology teacher you will inspire your students as they learn about life and how organisms survive. Help them understand how their own body thrives and provide the building blocks for a healthier life. Experience and understand scientific problems and investigative techniques in courses designed to prepare you as an exceptional educator.
The C-SC Difference
As a biology education major, you will observe in the classroom as early as your freshman year, and begin to teach micro lessons under a diverse group of teachers during your sophomore and junior years. Your senior year you will put into practice all of your biology and education classes as you gain your student teaching experience. At C-SC, you will also learn about botany, ecology, meteorology and geology. Your future students will love your well-rounded education.
What can I do with a Biology Education Degree?
3+2 M.Ed. Program
Beyond the Classroom
- Culver-Stockton Student Teaching Organization (CSTO)
- TriBeta National Biological Honor Society
- Travel Study courses to Egypt, Spain, Belize/Guatemala, Scotland, Ghana, London and Ireland.
- Classroom observations (freshman through junior years)
- Student teaching (senior year)
- Professional conferences on and off campus