WHERE WELLNESS MEETS PURPOSE
If you have an interest in personal fitness and nutrition or promoting the health and well-being of patients/clients through education, exercise, rehabilitation or sports medicine then a degree in Health Science is perfect for you! A degree in Health Science allows you to earn specialized certifications and complete coursework that prepares you for a career in fitness or human performance or entrance into professional healthcare and graduate programs such as athletic training, dietetics, exercise physiology, physical therapy and public health.
The C-SC Difference
At Culver-Stockton, you can earn nationally recognized certifications embedded in your coursework, and can apply your knowledge and skills with clients through internships and work study opportunities in the recreation and athletic departments on-campus. Your career will take off through an accelerated track for the Master of Athletic Training (MAT). Earn a BS in HSC and MAT in just five years. Learn more about our Master of Athletic Training program. Our agreement with Logan University allows our HSC students to have priority entrance into their MS in Dietetics program.
- Health Promotion (Fitness & Wellness)
- Community & Public Health
- Rehabilitation Science (pre-PT)
- Sports Medicine & Performance (pre-AT/Strength & Conditioning)
- Nutrition & Performance (pre-Dietetics)
What can I do with a Health Sciences Degree?
3+2 MAT Program
Beyond the Classroom
- Travel Study course to the Olympic Training Center and National Strength & Conditioning Association Headquarters in Colorado Springs
- Hands-on practicums with NAIA teams on campus
- Exploratory and Professional Internships at such places as Advance PT, Blessing, QMG, TAP, and Xcel Performance
- Earn professional certifications from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Work as a Student Wellness Director, personal trainer/group exercise instructors in our wellness center
- Intern or assist as the strength coach or team coach in the athletics department