Eleven Culver-Stockton College students were inducted May 7 into the Missouri Beta chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. The ceremony was held via Zoom, an online video conferencing app, because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CANTON, Mo. — Eleven Culver-Stockton College students were inducted May 7 into the Missouri Beta chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. The ceremony was held via Zoom, an online video conferencing app, because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Faculty co-sponsors Dr. Scott Giltner, professor of history and chair of the Applied Liberal Arts and Sciences Division, and Dr. Alissa Burger, assistant professor of English and director of retention, welcomed the new members into the society. Giltner delivered this year’s charge to the inductees, family and friends.
The students inducted into Alpha Chi were:
- Cheyenne Bequette, a junior English major from Fenton, Mo.
- Jakob Happel, a junior health science and physical therapy major from Salem, Mo.
- Abigail Huber, a junior accountancy and finance major from Quincy, Ill.
- Mabry Lewis, a senior elementary education major from Granite City, Ill.
- Madeline Moody, a junior criminal justice major from Cornland, Ill.
- Sydney Neuner, a junior elementary education major from Loose Creek, Mo.
- Keelie O’Brien, a junior art education major from Kahoka, Mo.
- Mackenzie Patrick, a junior elementary education and early childhood major from Carthage, Ill.
- Jillian Scholes, a junior psychology and criminal justice major from Wentzville, Mo.
- Mathew Scoggin, a junior nursing major from LaBelle, Mo.
- Dannicka Wiseman, a junior psychology and occupational therapy major from Monticello, Mo.
Alpha Chi was founded in 1922 and honors juniors and seniors in the top 10 percent of their class. It has more than 300 chapters nationally and works toward the goal of “Making Scholarship Effective for Good.”
Contact Alyssa Hummel, Director of Communications and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-288-6000 ext. 6450 for more information.
NOTE: A number that appears immediately after a person’s name (i.e. Jane Doe ’18) is a reference to the year that person earned their bachelor’s degree from Culver-Stockton.