Teach Art, Beautify the World!
We prepare you to teach students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. As a teacher in art education, you will help students of all ages create their masterpieces. Your courses will include a variety of media such as painting, sculpture, and design that will help you learn the techniques you can share with your future students.
The C-SC Difference
We like you to experience teaching early and often, in diverse settings. You will be in a school as early as your freshman year observing experienced teachers so you are prepared to practice your skills as a student-teacher your senior year.
You’ll have the opportunity to join an active Kappa Pi, an International Collegiate Art Honors Society, along with the art club, Mosaic. You will show your work in the college gallery and exhibit in local, regional, and national juried shows. Many of our students win awards and go on to become successful artists or continue on to graduate school.
Don’t miss out on our Arts Abroad course that travels to Europe every two years to further build on your studies. Each senior participates in a senior capstone show that focuses on a unified body of work. Your instructors are award-winning, exhibiting artists who are eager to teach you the use of unique tools and techniques, technical skills, and deep, rich communications.A major that lets your imagination and creativity soar.
Our teachers attain jobs. In 2021, 100% of our graduates had employment before June 1 in schools such as Highland Elementary and Quincy Junior High School.
What can I do with an Art Education Degree?
3+2 M.Ed. Program
Beyond the Classroom
- Culver-Stockton Student Teaching Organization (CSTO)
- Visit regional art galleries and museums
- Assist in preparing shows of well-known artists in our on-campus art gallery
- Kappa Pi – an international collegiate art honors society for student artists & designers
- Mosaic – photography, design and art club
- AIGA student art group
- Classroom observations (freshman through junior years)
- Student Teaching
- Travel Study courses to study the Arts in Europe
- Presenting your own body of work
- Begin selling your own artwork as an undergraduate