C-SC, Where You Will Make Your Own Music
Your major in music will provide an engagement with artistic expression that reflects the integrity of the human spirit. When you seek a degree in music, you fulfill your interests in performance studies, pedagogy, theory or history, or a general background in music. You may choose to pursue graduate study upon completion of the degree or to double major or add a minor in an area outside of music. The music major prepares you to work in the music industry and serve in your own individual community’s artistic life.
The C-SC Difference
You have the opportunity to perform in any of our many bands and choirs as a freshman regardless of your major. You also have the opportunity to audition and earn scholarship dollars to help pay for your college degree. If you are interested in music technology, you have the opportunity to take coursework and lessons from day one giving you access to our state-of-the-art recording studios and music technology lab for audio production. Our faculty includes national award-winning conductors and ensemble directors, performers sought throughout the Midwest and nation, and experts in music education frequently presenting at state conferences and directing regional honor ensembles.
What can I do with a Music Degree?
Your music will inspire others.
Beyond the Classroom
- Culver-Stockton Student Teacher Organization (CSTO)
- National Association for Music Education – Collegiate
- Music Student Advisory Council
- Sigma Phi Zeta (music honor society)
- Signature Sounds (music tech club)
- A cappella Clubs – C-S Singers (non-auditioned) and Ocho (auditioned)
- Arts Abroad (international travel course housed within FALA division)
- Musical ensembles
- Exploratory and professional internships
- Multiple vocal and instrumental performances each year
- Internships with professional production companies, music houses and independent producers (music tech)
Information About Our Minors
The music minor is excellent for those students wishing to explore their passion as a musician with more in-depth private study in their instrument and voice and who want to become better well-rounded musicians with a strong understanding of foundational music concepts. This pairs well with practically any other major on campus for students already participating in ensembles.
Music Therapy: We have helped prepare several students for graduate studies in music therapy. Oftentimes students will major in music education with a minor in psychology, or double major in music (BA) and psychology.