Go above and beyond in the classroom
The work of Special Education teachers is meaningful and rewarding. The Special Education major leads to DESE certification in mild to moderate cross-categorical Special Education. You can teach K-12 students with special needs in co-teaching classrooms, resource support settings, and self-contained classrooms.
The C-SC Difference
As a special education major, you will observe in the classroom as early as your freshman year, and begin to teach micro lessons under a diverse group of teachers during your sophomore and junior years. Your senior year you will put into practice all of your education classes as you gain your student teaching experience. Your future students will love your well-rounded education.
What can I do with a Special Education Degree?
3+2 M.Ed. Program
Beyond the Classroom
- Culver-Stockton Teachers Organization (CST0) sponsors events for area children such as a Halloween Trunk or Treat, Easter Egg Hunt, and at C-SC Homecoming.
- Domestic and International travel experiences
- Classroom observations (freshman through junior years)
- Student teaching (senior year)
- Professional conferences on and off campus
- Read America program in local schools