Color Our World
Studio art prepares you to creatively contribute to society and to take part in the cultural conversations in our world. As a studio artist, you will not only beautify the world but create thoughtful dialog, encourage further exploration, highlight injustice, and spark thinking. Many artists go on to teach classes, conduct workshops, and become art critics or consultants for nonprofits and collectors. Many others go on to earn their Masters in Fine Art.
The C-SC Difference
You’ll have the opportunity to join an active Kappa Pi, an International Collegiate Art Honors Society, along with the art club, Mosaic. You will have the opportunity to show your work in the college gallery and to exhibit in local, regional, and national juried shows. Many of our students win awards and go on to become successful artists or continue on to graduate school. There is an Arts Abroad course that travels to Europe every two years to allow you to see firsthand art developed over the centuries. Each senior participates in a senior capstone show that focuses on a unified body of work. You also learn from award-winning, exhibiting artists who will be your teachers in the classroom.
What can I do with a Studio Art Degree?
Our curriculum assures you will have a professional internship to prepare you for your first career position.
Beyond the Classroom
- Visit regional art galleries and museums
- Assist in preparing shows of well-known artists in our on-campus art gallery
- Kappa Pi – an international collegiate art honors society for artists & designers
- Mosaic – photography, design and art club
- AIGA student art group
- Exploratory and professional internships
- Travel Study courses to study the Arts in Europe
- Presenting your own gallery of work
- Begin selling your own artwork as an undergraduate
Information About Our Minors
You may also wish to add a minor in Graphic Design, Communications, English, Marketing, Music or Theatre.